Tuesday 22 May 2012

Plant Swop

The plant swop at our village hall this weekend was a great success. I took surplus borage plants, lettuce, wild rocket and red cabbage seedlings and some self-rooted honeysuckle from the garden.
I swooped for foxgloves, aquilegia, a hosta, a flowering currant and a variety of other unnamed gems from enthusiastic gardeners who I trust but who just didn't know the names of all their plants. Rather like me, in fact.
I had some time on my hands that afternoon so they all got planted. But horror of horrors - the cosmos and foxgloves are already being eaten by slugs. I knew there was a reason I have none in the garden. So I am lying in wait for the little critters tonight: tweezers and salt water at the ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lincolnshire Sky

Lincolnshire Sky